Selges/byttes Seiko RAF Gen.1 7A28 - Ekte Pilot ur (WITHDRAWN)

Medlem
29. april 2013
Watch is now back in collection. Thanks for your queries!

First and last bump before it goes back on the wrist

Last chance to own this genuine military watch at a very low price.

NEW photos and information added.

Hei!

My first post, so please bear with me :)

I am considering selling or exchanging my genuine Royal Air Force issued Gen.1 Seiko chrono that was used in service in the 80s by pilots and navigators. After purchase, the watch has been used by me in rotation with other watches. More information on RAF issued Seiko's can be found here:

Seiko RAF and RN Chronographs

Note that the strap bars are fixed within the lugs and cannot be removed (according to Ministry of Defense MoD) standards. These watches were adorned with NATO straps (info on the end of the page of the link attached above). The Gen. 1 watches were worn with brown leather/nylon straps. Here is the link to an Ebay posting selling similar setup,

RAF Nato Strap Nylon With Brown Leather Back Pad / Bund Fits 18mm 19mm 20mm | eBay

WITHDRAWN.

The watch is in a very good condition considering the age and all chrono functions work as intended. Watch retains its character and has never been attempted polished, the usage marks come from its period in service. Here are more pictures of the watch, some also show the usage marks. The center sweep hand is very slightly (fraction of a degree to the left from the center) although well within the 12o'clock lume area.

Besides being unique in several terms, these watches have a good collector value, especially the Gen.1 that feature a 15 jewel movement as compared to the cheaper ones in Gen.2 watches.

My intention is primarily to sell it to finance other projects, but I will consider exchange also - offers welcome. I would look for offers above 4500Kr., which in opinion is a very good price considering the condition of the watch as compared to those selling on Ebay. All offers are welcome though.

Interested collectors of military items and pilot watch enthusiasts welcome to contact by PM. Watch may be seen in Trondheim region.

Redigert: