Rolexcafé – løst og fast om Rolex

@RemiWM, aldri feil å kjøpe Rolex.
Alltid feil å sløse penger på snus, tobakk og alkohol etc.

Det er kun snakk om 50" som lett kan fås tilbake om flippesyken kommer. Clean og simple er ikke så simple. Tenk Lange R.L., Calatrava, P. Dufour Simplisity... nydelige simple greier.

• Liker
Reaksjoner: RemiWM
Noen som vet om nyere Rolex fortsatt selges med "feil" cyclops? Altså for liten forstørrelse. Har lagt merke til dette ved flere eksemplarer av Submariner.

Noen som vet om nyere Rolex fortsatt selges med "feil" cyclops? Altså for liten forstørrelse. Har lagt merke til dette ved flere eksemplarer av Submariner.

Har 2 nye Submarinere, begge har riktig forstørrelse. Tror det er en stund siden dette var et problem?

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Auto
Noe annet; tidsavvik. Noen utsagn fra en forumdiskusjon jeg limer inn her for informasjon:
  • the old method of "self regulating at night" is no longer effective. it works for the old movements (15xx, 30xx, etc), but not the newer ones, not especially the modern ones listed above with blue spring
  • a way of telling how well regulated/built a watch is in (the lack of) positional variation... if you can self-regulate a modern rolex, your watch probably needs some work
  • what is known is that: prior to blue springs being installed, rolex watches run faster out of the box
  • with a blue spring, it runs slower. i suspect it's part of the manufacturing/pre-COSC regulating process that has remained relatively unchanged, but as the new spring is of new material, it behaves differently from the old nivarox hairspring
Og:
  • if you want it very accurate, buy your own oyster opener, vibrograph and microstella tool
  • or, pay a watchmaker to regulate your watch 3 times over the course of a week
  • or, buy a high-freq quartz watch

Her en observasjon fra rdnm_usr på Watchuseek;
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/five-stages-rolex-ownership-3307458.html

Noen som kjenner seg igjen?

"The Five Stages of Rolex Ownership
Just something I put together after recently succumbing to the lure of a steel Daytona.

Hope you enjoy.

Denial
I do not now, nor will I ever own a Rolex. They are monstrosities commonly found on the wrists of poseurs, fat cat bankers and vile dictators. Just look at the things, hideous gold and two tone abortions with no horological value. Overpriced and over rated. Give me Omega, give me Oris, give me Squale!

I do quite like the look of that Explorer II though. hmmm?

(# of Rolexes owned 0)

Anger

How did it come to this I have bought an Explorer II? Damn it I´m so weak. Well, it´s ok if anyone wants to question my horological relevance I still have a JLC so they can just .... off. Besides I´ll probably sell the Explorer soon anyway, after all it can´t be any good and I bought it on a whim. It´s like being a petrol head and having to own an Alfa, got to be able to say you owned at least one Rolex. right?

(#of Rolexes owned 1)

Bargaining

Ok, I slipped, but when you look at it the white dial Explorer is the least "Rolexey" one you can get. Not many people even spot that it is a Rolex and that GMT function is useful for traveling. I can even put it on a nato and it´ll be great for hanging out at the beach or whatever. It wasn´t really that expensive either when you consider the build quality plus it´s an in house COSC certified movement. I´ll just keep this one and it´ll be my guilty pleasure.

(# of Rolexes owned 1)

Depression

Just leave me alone alright. It happened again, I´m not proud of it, but I´m only human. I bought a Submariner. Listen it´s a no-date, and it´s a two-line tritium dial. It´s the best one to own, it´s a classic.

I can still come back from this I swear.

(# of Rolexes owned 2)

Acceptance

You know, once you get past the marketing and the image problem these Rolexes are pretty amazing. The styling is classic and timeless, they are sized just right for normal people and they are built to take some punishment. Stick to the steel ones and buy pre-owned and you can´t go wrong.

Not like an AP that you practically have to service every time you take it out of the box. And I mean really does all that Cotes de Geneve stuff actually improve the functionality of the watch? And who needs a moon phase or a perpetual calendar, I won´t live till the year 2100 unless the singularity happens anytime soon. I can use my iPhone to find out the next high tide and if I really wanted I could take the Submariner surfing, try doing that with a bloody Patek Phillippe!

After all, if it was good enough for Paul Newman who am I to argue. I´ll just get a steel Daytona and that will be the end of it.

(# of Rolexes owned 3)"

Satan, den var ganske spot on. Første Rolex var en Explorer 2, kjøpte nylig en no-date, og ny Daytona er neste på listen (sammen med en 116613lb)...

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Anders
Hmm. Har lyst på en polar explorer eller en no-date.
Dette er såpass vanlig at det kanskje kan være en diagnose? I såfall så vil jeg prøve å kjøpe neste på blå resept.

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Gubben11
Min hvite Explorer II er en så innmari essensiell del av "hverdags"-delen av klokkeboksen min. Den får _mye_ armtid. Skjønner godt at det er en gateway drug :D

Den ekstremt gode kontasten mellom svart og hvit, samt en fast bezel som ikke samler støv og sand, gjør den til en faktisk toolwatch.