Høstdepresjon

Har @Edzilla noen gode tips til en som har vert i London x antall ganger nå og begynner å bli lei av å sitte i huset til madammen når hun studerer? Vi har sett alt av turistattraksjoner så nå er jeg tom for ideer! Gjerne utenfor London også ;)

Er litt opptatt i kveld. Men skal se om jeg finner en liten liste over hva du kan finne på @Lynch
Poster i morgen.

Redigert:
  • Liker
Reaksjoner: Lynch
Edzilla! Må si jeg liker tråden din! Og Journen din og deg. Men en ting må du supplere til nyttårsforsettene. Og/Å bruk!

http://www.norsksidene.no/web/PageND.aspx?id=99314

Godt nytt år btw:)

-Ble fortalt av en redaktør i en lokal avis at man aldri skal starte en setning med og.

Riktig godt nytt år til deg og din samling.

....Skal se om jeg klarer å lære meg regelen om bruk av og/å før året er omme ;)

Redigert:
  • Liker
Reaksjoner: Timekeeper
Edzilla! Må si jeg liker tråden din! Og Journen din og deg. Men en ting må du supplere til nyttårsforsettene. Og/Å bruk!

http://www.norsksidene.no/web/PageND.aspx?id=99314

Godt nytt år btw:)

Dette er av underordnet betydning,da substansen i denne tråden er Rock Solid !
Her er det fortellergleden og fremførelsen som baner vei og trumfer slike bagateller 7 dg. i uken.
Hva er det man sier.....Noen har det bare i seg ;)

Redigert:
  • Liker
Reaksjoner: bjorngb og Edzilla
Dette er av underordnet betydning,da substansen i denne tråden er Rock Solid !
Her er det fortellergleden og fremførelsen som baner vei og trumfer slike bagateller 7 dg. i uken.
Hva et det man sier.....Noen har det bare i seg ;)

Veldig hyggelig å lese det du skriver @Timebandit
Hele poenget med tråden er å dele mine tanker og opplevelser; Som i starten var ment for å komme seg ut av et "flippehull".
Jeg var matlei og på grensen til å føle på en tomhet som kanskje var starten på en "høstdepresjon".
Ser nå at tråden i større grad har blitt en liten dagbok... Å det er vel det den kommer til å fortsette å være.
Tilbake til og/å. Norsk grammatikk har aldri vært min sterke side @Timekeeper @Timebandit
Dette til tross for utdannelsen, og yrket jeg har ;)

Barna har nå begynt å ta over stua. Datter med min iPad, og Junior tatt over stuebordet i det han bygger Millennium Falcon. Godt det er jobb på mandag, og planleggingsdag på Skole og SFO.

Redigert:
XKsHZLg.jpg

CEuWKGF.jpg

irvj01v.jpg

Å mens @Loevhagen planlegger en kveld med "watches & whisky" kan vi lese denne lekre artikkelen fra Haute Timepieces.

Watches And Whisky: F.P. Journe And The Hibiki Japanese Harmony
BY CHRISTOPHER BECCANNOVEMBER 22, 2015

Watches-And-Whisky-F.P.-Journe-Chronome--tre-A---Re--sonance-and-Hibiki-Japanese-Harmony.jpg

F.P. Journe Chronomètre À Résonance and Hibiki Japanese Harmony, photographed at William and Son.

Hibiki: Japanese whisky has been around now for quite some time, with Suntory being the eldest distillery amongst them all. This year the Suntory Hibiki range welcomed a new expression: the Harmony. The Hibiki range was created to be the paragon of the Suntory blend. The name Hibiki literally means “resonance” in Japanese. Hibiki ingeniously embraces the subtleties in the Japanese nature found in the 24 seasons of the traditional calendar. This is reflected in the 24 facets of the bottles design of which I’ve always been an admirer of. The Hibiki is a harmonious blend made up of Suntory’s malt (Yamazaki & Hakushu) and grain (Chita) distilleries that have been carefully blended to create this expression, which encapsulates everything that is good about the Hibiki blend.

Tasting Notes:On the nose is an intensive waft of plums, lychee’s and apricots. This then closely followed by a lovely leathery note, sandalwood, honey and a hint of zest. There are some lovely notes of ground almonds, vanilla, candy and butterscotch floating around in there, which are complimented by liquorice, rosemary, some floral notes and a touch of oak. On the palate: the initial notes of honey, plum and cocoa trickle over the palate. Alongside this are notes of candyfloss, oranges, tobacco, vanilla and fennel seed. Completing the palate is a warm buttery note, a hint of lemon zest and light peppery flavour. The finish: is medium – long, subtle, salty with lingering Mizunara oak.

The verdict: As far as Japanese blends go, Hibiki is one of the best, so when we first heard of this new expression within the Hibiki range we were intrigued. On the nose it has everything that you would expect from Hibiki and on the palate it is so well-balanced. Its character matches its namesake perfectly, it is indeed Harmony. In my opinion it doesn’t really need any water but if required then only add in small quantities until it is right for you. However, if you don’t feel the need just allow it to breathe for 5 – 7 minutes.

Info: ABV 43% in a 70cl bottle

Résonance: To create a timepiece such as the Chronomètre à Resonance it requires tremendous skill and at the turn of the 21st century master watchmaker Francois-Paul Journe done exactly that. Some ten years later F.P. Journe created a new edition that would now feature a 24-hour indicator, making the Chronomètre à Résonance even more desirable.

The Chronomètre À Résonance, acclaimed by collectors and professionals of the brand worldwide now features a face that is undeniably F.P. Journe but with an extra added feature. In an ultimate quest for precision, the dial at 9 o’clock now offers a time indication of 24 hours, defining precisely the hours of day and those of night. The dial at 3 o’clock in silver guilloche indicates the local time but can also be used for the same time zone.

The new Chronomètre à Résonance will be, like its predecessor, available in two versions: one with a platinum case and white gold dial and the other all in red gold, with both coming in either 38mm or 40mm. The two dials in silver guilloche indicating the hours, minutes and seconds are secured on the 18K gold dial by polished steel rings, a patent by F.P.Journe, which only lends greater depth to the dial.

This new Resonance movement has also seen a modification: there is now a different gear transmission making the hands turn in 24-hours instead of 12-hours. Turning the timepiece over and peering into the sapphire case back reveals the subtle 18K rose gold mechanism, with its two perfectly synchronised beating mechanical hearts, oscillating in harmony. The Chronomètre à Résonance was inspired with a profound amount of poetic depth, and till this day, remains the most precise mechanical watch of contemporary watch making.

Photo Credit: Christopher Beccan. For more information, please visit the official F.P. Journe website. Follow Haute Time on Instagram to catch all of the new releases as they happen.

Har @Edzilla noen gode tips til en som har vert i London x antall ganger nå og begynner å bli lei av å sitte i huset til madammen når hun studerer? Vi har sett alt av turistattraksjoner så nå er jeg tom for ideer! Gjerne utenfor London også ;)

• Ta en tur opp til Camden Town. Gå innom Camden market. Spise en bedre lunsj.
  • Spitafield Market
  • Matmarkedet Borough Market
  • Ta toget til Brighton for å shoppe LP-plater, sjekke ut vintage klær, gitarer/amps, spise en bedre middag på en av Brightons bedre sjømatrestauranter.
  • Besøke Tate Britain, Tate Modern, The Clink Prison Museum,
  • Besøke Golde Hinde
Det var det jeg kom på som kanskje ikke er så typisk turistfeler @Lynch.

Redigert:
Fikk denne inn i dag. Skal på service hos mitt "fastlege" Gulbrandsen da PR er heller dårlig.
Vet ikke helt. Tror det er kona som kommer til å få bruke denne :cool:
Her fotografert uten filter og polish!
j6aVLS9.jpg

• Ta en tur opp til Camden Town. Gå innom Camden market. Spise en bedre lunsj.
  • Spitafield Market
  • Matmarkedet Borough Market
  • Ta toget til Brighton for å shoppe LP-plater, sjekke ut vintage klær, gitarer/amps, spise en bedre middag på en av Brightons bedre sjømatrestauranter.
  • Besøke Tate Britain, Tate Modern, The Clink Prison Museum,
  • Besøke Golde Hinde
Det var det jeg kom på som kanskje ikke er så typisk turistfeler @Lynch.

Tnx @Edzilla ! Veldig mye interessant her! Borough market er en klar favoritt for meg og madammen :)

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Edzilla
Takk for en meget fin tråd, Edzilla. Herlig å lese.

Ser noen etterspør frokoststed i London. Selv har jeg hatt enorm suksess med St.Johns bread and wine. De har en bacon sandwich som er magisk, og baker eget brød og kaker i lokalet. Nydelige greier - ligger i Shoreditch.

I samme slengen vil jeg jo trekke frem Dishoom i Shoreditch. Fantastisk crossover mellom indisk, iransk og tja - srilankansk mat. Åh London, som jeg savner deg ...

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Edzilla
Takk for en meget fin tråd, Edzilla. Herlig å lese.

Ser noen etterspør frokoststed i London. Selv har jeg hatt enorm suksess med St.Johns bread and wine. De har en bacon sandwich som er magisk, og baker eget brød og kaker i lokalet. Nydelige greier - ligger i Shoreditch.

I samme slengen vil jeg jo trekke frem Dishoom i Shoreditch. Fantastisk crossover mellom indisk, iransk og tja - srilankansk mat. Åh London, som jeg savner deg ...

Hyggelig å høre at du liker tråden min.
Takker for tips. Dessverre så er Shoreditch noe langt å reise for frokost da vi som regel bor Mayfair. Men hvis maten er god nok så er jo det i seg selv verdt en reise @Hreple

Takk for masse god underholdning og inspirasjon i denne tråden, @Edzilla! Og som gjenytelse for at du penset min interesse inn på F.P.Journe, må jeg bare tipse trådens lesere om en fersk review av Chronometre Blue på Monochrome :) https://monochrome-watches.com/fp-journe-chronometre-bleu-review-live-photos-price/

Takk for linken til artikkelen hos Monochrome @pbrekke
Dette ble dagens høydepunkt for min del!
giphy.gif

I love the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu for not being a Patek Philippe or a Vacheron-Constantin
Brice Goulard

Redigert:
The other specificity of the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu is its dial, its impressive, superb, profoundly blue dial. This chrome blue colour is obtained from multiple layers of blue lacquer, applied by hand and each polished to a mirror finish before the next one is applied. From the words of François-Paul Journe, this dial (also made in-house, at the dial manufacture) is the most complicated of the collection and a lot of them (if not the majority) don’t meet the commercialization standards. They are simply destroyed, in order to keep only the perfect ones.

The result is a dial that has an incredible depth, like if you could dive in it. The other effect of these multiple polished layers is to have a dial that changes colour, from an almost black tone to a vivid chrome blue under the sun-light. It is one of the 5 most beautiful dials of the actual production (and I assume my words. It is an assumption, not a personal taste). Apart from this finish and colour, the dial is full of little details that break the usual austerity of dress watches: an off-centered small second (at 7h30), the specific font of the numerals (and the fact that they are all entirely printed and not cut, next to the sub-dial), the milky colour of these numerals that seem to float over the dial, the duck-bill shape of the hands (typical to Journe)… it is extremely simple at first sight but so different when looked closer. It has a strong charm to it, unique to this brand and to this specific watch.

FP-Journe-Chronometre-Bleu-review-price-5.jpg

FP-Journe-Chronometre-Bleu-review-price-8.jpg

FP-Journe-Chronometre-Bleu-review-price-6.jpg

FP-Journe-Chronometre-Bleu-review-price-4.jpg

• Liker
Reaksjoner: sunshine