Høstdepresjon

Første rett ut var rene åpenbaringen. Så enkelt. Men så sykt smakfult og intenst!
Det var rett og slett røykt og gravet Loch Duart laks, dillsytet agurk med appelsin og pepperrotsaus.
"Snakker knull i munn"

1 (1).jpg
1.jpg

Til hovedrett valgte jeg ovnstekt Loin of Tamworth Pork with pastinakk, villsopp og røkt løk.
Legg også merke til den sexy detaljen med bacon crips og litt raspet mørk sjokolade. Sammstemt rett her altså.
2.jpg

Madamen valgt her noe annet. Hun gikk for rapphøne. Denne retten var i særklasse. Rapphønen ble servert i to deler. Der brystet ble ble høyrøykt i egen mini jerngryte, for så å bli dandert ved bordet vårt. For et show. Skulle ikke glemt å ta bilde av dette. Ved siden ble det servert potetmos som var helt sily smoooth!
Altså: Ovnstekt Berkshire Partrige "rapphøne", med svartkål og blodappelsinsaus.

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Dette er et sted vi absolutt skal tilbake til. Maten var over all forventning, både når det gjelder kvaliteten på råvarene, presentasjonen og smaken på maten. Heller ikke noe å utsette på prisen. Harwood Arms er absolutt verdt en tur!
Terningkast
animated-gifs-dice-1.gif

6.jpg

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Preacher
Madamen var nå ivrig på å få shoppet litt. Så vi ble enige om at Carnaby Street har noe for oss begge. Jeg har Baracuta, Fred Perry, The Levi´s Tailor Shop, Shakespear Head og Kingly Court å boltre meg på.
So no worries..
Bare å ta banen fra District Line fra Fullham Broadway Station, bytte på Earl's Court Station til Piccadilly Line for å hoppe av på Piccadilly Circus.
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.58.43.png

Fra Piccadilly Circus er det bare en liten rusletur opp til Carnaby Street.
Skulle man tilfeldighvis ha litt plass i magen til noen smågodt ligger Polpo på veien.
"A fun and lively Venetian bacaro, with a stripped-down, faux-industrial look. The small plates, from arancini and prosciutto to fritto misto and Cotechino sausage, are so well priced that waiting for a table is worth it." MICHELIN guide inspectors -
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 11.12.40.png
Bib Gourmand

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 11.06.51.png

Redigert:
hehe.

FPJ Bleu vs Patek 5711

This thread is downright ridiculous in my opinion as I am entitled to it!!

Comparing something as elegant and supreme as a Journe with something like a simple Patek 5711 is just a joke! As Tony mentioned, also unfair!

First, Let's breakdown the battle. You have one beater watch and you are looking for another that you could wear everyday...duuuh!!! It should be far more versatile than the CB! Sorry, but this thread is just odd. Honestly, the CB is well into the dress category and is in no way a sport watch that could potentially take a beating every now and then. No, it is not as water resistant and it does not need to be. Cutting this rant short, the title should be rephrased. It is not about which is a better watch, it is about which watch is more practical if you had only one and wanted to wear it with scratches all over and not give a s**t.

In terms of the watches themselves. I for one find the 5711 to be comfortable with the bracelet but I would never ever ever buy one. I think the dumbest thing in the world is to spend 26k on a stainless steel Patek with the simplest base caliber they have (assembly line constructed). Your only reason would be cause of resale but even then...watches are not meant to be investments!! Seriously people!! Be real, you are not buying the watch cause you think it is so pretty, you are buying it cause of the name, prestige and value retention. If you really knew your stuff, you would quickly realize how much crap is in that 5711. The movement finishing is downright disappointing. Nothing spectacular and it's the same movement used on the much cheaper Aquanaut. Quite frankly, the biggest rip-off Patek offers and it's success is largely based on marketing schemes and the vast majority who just want a nice Patek and care little about details.

Now the Bleu...

Not the most strict dress watch in my opinion but truly a work of art. Let's start with the brand. F.P. Journe is the only brand today that is founded, run and owned by the master watchmaker and the only one located in Geneva! They make 95% of all their movements in the basement of the factory and own their own dial makers and case manufacturers! EVERYTHING is designed by Mr. Journe, who is a genius, A to Z from buckles to movement. He never takes the short route and is the only one to start a design by sketching the dial first! Far more difficult and Patek never dreams of it!

Most brands, including Patek, have clearly distinguishable differences in level of work between their less expensive pieces and their most. For example, a 5711 finishing is of far less perfection than on a Patek minute repeater. Basically, you get what you pay for and whereas a 5711 is put together in assembly...the same is not the case for Patek repeaters.

However, knowing this to be the norm in the industry, Journe did not want the same concept to enter his brand and insted wanted his "least expensive" watch to be just as well made as his 650,000 CHF Sonnerie. The watch HAD TO speak for itself. In turn, the movement is made of 18K rose gold entirely! Why? Because charging 20k for a brass movement is unfair to Mr. Journe. The movement is pretty much the same as in the CS but the baseplate was completely changed to accomodate the absent power reserve. Again, Mr. Journe does not allow shortcuts and leaving a useless space for unused power reserve is stupid!
Further, each movement is the responsibility of one watchmaker A to Z which makes each movement unique. Ask me, I own and played with quite a few Journe pieces and each one has its own touch because each movement was assembled with its own personal technique. The movement is not a typical A to Z manual wind. It is artistic and has barrels mounted in parallel to provide more stable energy. The gear train is hidden beneath the dial to give the illusion that the balance wheel is beating with no connection to the barrels, wowing the owner with every stare!

The case is made from one of the most difficult metals to work with! In fact, this is the only watch made entirely of tantalum, including case, crown, buckle and tongue. The tantalum case takes Journe 5x longer to make than platinum. It needs 73 different tooling operations to make and cannot be polished. Instead it has to be sanded down to achieve that shine which takes a really long time. The crown has a hand made knurling effect. The case material is perfectly suited to bring out and match the dial. Again, no shortcuts!

The dial, is the only dial of its kind to ever exist in the world of horology! Ask any Bleu owner and they will tell you...this thing has a mind of its own from ranging shades of Bleu to shadows of the numerals seen within the dial itself! Polished to a mirror finish, it then has extremely thin layers of blue paint applied till correct tone is achieved. The layers are microns thin! Then, 7 layers of lacquer applied and the most difficult part is ensuring everything is percect between those 7 layers. Each error is magnified because of the mirror finish and in turn, the dial has a 60% fail rate when it meets quality control...reduced from 90% at first! After, the numerals are printed 6 times to achieve the perfect depth that fits with Mr. Journe's high standards!

Bottom line, i wonder what Patek would ask if they came up with this. 60k?? With Mr. Journe, this watch is clear proof that every Journe watch is perfect no matter the price. Invenit et Fecit is the motto and rightfully so! The Bleu is physical evidence that each piece is a work of art and nothing less will be offered to those wishing to taste the mastery of Journe! In fact, even with my two other complicated Journe's...this would be the last to go if i ever had to.

Tell me something more worthy about that 5711 besides the name, history and value retention...please go ahead....i beg you!

hehe.

FPJ Bleu vs Patek 5711

This thread is downright ridiculous in my opinion as I am entitled to it!!

Comparing something as elegant and supreme as a Journe with something like a simple Patek 5711 is just a joke! As Tony mentioned, also unfair!

First, Let's breakdown the battle. You have one beater watch and you are looking for another that you could wear everyday...duuuh!!! It should be far more versatile than the CB! Sorry, but this thread is just odd. Honestly, the CB is well into the dress category and is in no way a sport watch that could potentially take a beating every now and then. No, it is not as water resistant and it does not need to be. Cutting this rant short, the title should be rephrased. It is not about which is a better watch, it is about which watch is more practical if you had only one and wanted to wear it with scratches all over and not give a s**t.

In terms of the watches themselves. I for one find the 5711 to be comfortable with the bracelet but I would never ever ever buy one. I think the dumbest thing in the world is to spend 26k on a stainless steel Patek with the simplest base caliber they have (assembly line constructed). Your only reason would be cause of resale but even then...watches are not meant to be investments!! Seriously people!! Be real, you are not buying the watch cause you think it is so pretty, you are buying it cause of the name, prestige and value retention. If you really knew your stuff, you would quickly realize how much crap is in that 5711. The movement finishing is downright disappointing. Nothing spectacular and it's the same movement used on the much cheaper Aquanaut. Quite frankly, the biggest rip-off Patek offers and it's success is largely based on marketing schemes and the vast majority who just want a nice Patek and care little about details.

Now the Bleu...

Not the most strict dress watch in my opinion but truly a work of art. Let's start with the brand. F.P. Journe is the only brand today that is founded, run and owned by the master watchmaker and the only one located in Geneva! They make 95% of all their movements in the basement of the factory and own their own dial makers and case manufacturers! EVERYTHING is designed by Mr. Journe, who is a genius, A to Z from buckles to movement. He never takes the short route and is the only one to start a design by sketching the dial first! Far more difficult and Patek never dreams of it!

Most brands, including Patek, have clearly distinguishable differences in level of work between their less expensive pieces and their most. For example, a 5711 finishing is of far less perfection than on a Patek minute repeater. Basically, you get what you pay for and whereas a 5711 is put together in assembly...the same is not the case for Patek repeaters.

However, knowing this to be the norm in the industry, Journe did not want the same concept to enter his brand and insted wanted his "least expensive" watch to be just as well made as his 650,000 CHF Sonnerie. The watch HAD TO speak for itself. In turn, the movement is made of 18K rose gold entirely! Why? Because charging 20k for a brass movement is unfair to Mr. Journe. The movement is pretty much the same as in the CS but the baseplate was completely changed to accomodate the absent power reserve. Again, Mr. Journe does not allow shortcuts and leaving a useless space for unused power reserve is stupid!
Further, each movement is the responsibility of one watchmaker A to Z which makes each movement unique. Ask me, I own and played with quite a few Journe pieces and each one has its own touch because each movement was assembled with its own personal technique. The movement is not a typical A to Z manual wind. It is artistic and has barrels mounted in parallel to provide more stable energy. The gear train is hidden beneath the dial to give the illusion that the balance wheel is beating with no connection to the barrels, wowing the owner with every stare!

The case is made from one of the most difficult metals to work with! In fact, this is the only watch made entirely of tantalum, including case, crown, buckle and tongue. The tantalum case takes Journe 5x longer to make than platinum. It needs 73 different tooling operations to make and cannot be polished. Instead it has to be sanded down to achieve that shine which takes a really long time. The crown has a hand made knurling effect. The case material is perfectly suited to bring out and match the dial. Again, no shortcuts!

The dial, is the only dial of its kind to ever exist in the world of horology! Ask any Bleu owner and they will tell you...this thing has a mind of its own from ranging shades of Bleu to shadows of the numerals seen within the dial itself! Polished to a mirror finish, it then has extremely thin layers of blue paint applied till correct tone is achieved. The layers are microns thin! Then, 7 layers of lacquer applied and the most difficult part is ensuring everything is percect between those 7 layers. Each error is magnified because of the mirror finish and in turn, the dial has a 60% fail rate when it meets quality control...reduced from 90% at first! After, the numerals are printed 6 times to achieve the perfect depth that fits with Mr. Journe's high standards!

Bottom line, i wonder what Patek would ask if they came up with this. 60k?? With Mr. Journe, this watch is clear proof that every Journe watch is perfect no matter the price. Invenit et Fecit is the motto and rightfully so! The Bleu is physical evidence that each piece is a work of art and nothing less will be offered to those wishing to taste the mastery of Journe! In fact, even with my two other complicated Journe's...this would be the last to go if i ever had to.

Tell me something more worthy about that 5711 besides the name, history and value retention...please go ahead....i beg you!

The F.P. Journe Guy kjenner sin besøkstid!
Å her kommer bildene hans.
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.03.49.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.03.53.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.03.56.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.00.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.04.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.08.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.11.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.15.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.18.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.23.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.27.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 13.04.31.png

Må bare quote AbuKalb93/thejourneguy
-In terms of the watches themselves. I for one find the 5711 to be comfortable with the bracelet but I would never ever ever buy one. I think the dumbest thing in the world is to spend 26k on a stainless steel Patek with the simplest base caliber they have (assembly line constructed). Your only reason would be cause of resale but even then...watches are not meant to be investments!! Seriously people!! Be real, you are not buying the watch cause you think it is so pretty, you are buying it cause of the name, prestige and value retention. If you really knew your stuff, you would quickly realize how much crap is in that 5711. The movement finishing is downright disappointing. Nothing spectacular and it's the same movement used on the much cheaper Aquanaut. Quite frankly, the biggest rip-off Patek offers and it's success is largely based on marketing schemes and the vast majority who just want a nice Patek and care little about details.

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Celter
Fortsetter litt med 5711 vs Bleu

Re: POLL: FPJ Bleu vs Patek 5711

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by lmcgbaj

It seems that when folks vote with their wallet, the numbers show interesting results.

Be it marketing, be it design preference, be it ignorance, be it aesthetics, be it brand preference or whatever you want to call it, the vast majority of folks outside the WIS circles would still choose the Nautilus. I think most would agree.

My curiosity was in regards to folks on the HEF and it seems that even here, while most folks know very well what they are getting themselves into, they still chose the Nautilus over the Bleu by a small margin.

The reason for comparing the two watches is because both are non-complicated watches in similar price range from high end manufacturers that can work as daily wearers very well. Period.

Comparing the Bleu with a dressy Calatrava would not be fair because the Bleu is not a pure dress watch. It is much more versatile and can work in most situations and therefore can very well be the only watch you own. Same with the 5711.

I know that the Bleu was compared with two more dressy watches in a recent Hodinkee article but I personally found that odd as the Bleu stood out as a casual watch vs the other two (Patrimony and Saxonia). As mentioned in the article the Bleu is a piece "... that you can wear it in a variety of settings" and I agree with that. A Patrimony, or a Saxonia, or a Calatrava are much more dressy and I would not consider them as versatile. Therefore, at least to me, the comparison with a 5711 makes more sense.

As a non-complicated versatile watch, I did not see the need for a precious metal. However, having one in the Bleu case and movement is definitely an advantage but even at today's high gold prices, you are only getting a maximum of 3k worth of precious metal at best.

Also keep in mind that the reasoning used as a WIS does not make that much sense in real life. To put it simplistically paying 20k for a manual wind watch does not really strike as getting value to most folks. Therefore, comparing value in high-end watches tends to be quite irrelevant. Buying a high end watch is an emotional purchase. Some value brand name and history, some value design, some value the technical data, etc. but trying to put a value on the different aspects is foolish.

Let's play devil's advocate.

I would say that outside the brand name, history and value retention which are quite obviously an advantage for the Patek, I can see two other advantages:

- Practicality and Servicing

Although this is probably not as important for Patek as it is for Journe, A PP caliber 324 can be serviced by a master watchmaker down the line without the need to send the watch to Patek. However, for the Journe, even if we ignore the uncertainty of the brand future (which is the pink elephant staring at you inside a small room), the specialty case back screws and the concealed gear train will make this movement harder to service down the road for an independent watchmaker. Making a 3 hander movement more complicated to service without any tangible benefits does not seem very thoughtful to me. However, the movement is beautiful, no doubt.

- Design

The Bleu has a stunning dial and it is obviously the main attraction of the watch. Although, as many have said, it does not have the Journe DNA, I feel it is a rather "independent soul" within the brand. It is definitely a very beautiful and unique watch. The Nautilus 5711 (or Jumbo) was designed by Gerald Genta almost 40 years ago and it remain true to the original design with a few updates over the years but otherwise visually unchanged. You could say that the design stood the test of time for almost 40 years and it is still one of the most popular watches Patek makes to date? The Nautilus was Stainless Steel as originally design and remains true to its origins. I can see 5711 has a clear advantage here that is probably unfair since Bleu did not have a chance to prove itself as a design that stood the test of time.

So in short, if brand name, history, value retention, serviceability, practically and design are not something important to you, then you should get the Bleu.

I still like the Bleu BTW. I just love to mess with Os. ;)

Her svarer AK93 på tiltale

Red:
Who said "most" know what they are getting themselves into?? The way I see it, if you are looking for a "real and true" watch you get a Journe and worry not about anything else. People will always consider Patek because they are too scared. Value retention is a factor always considered and truth is, a Patek will hold its value better...for the time being at least. They make 55,000 pieces per year and speak to the larger base which consists of collectors who know little about watches (by no means do i intend anyone here), consider them investments and wish to sell them later, or in the larger sense are looking for the status symbol that screams "i have class, and money, and i'm above an AP and a Rolex!"

First, 55,000 pieces yet still being called exclusive is exclusive BS on its own! The fact that they can sell them all and make another batch no worries by the next year makes me wonder how many people buy them simply because someone...possibly at Tourneau, told them it was the ultimate watch with nothing above it. I know i was told that once upon a time and fell for it...but I actually did some reading and realized the most exclusive watches are not made via assembly line and 55,000 pieces per year is a lot more than 20,000; 900; 150 and even 15! My point is proven just through instagram alone. All these rappers, big shots, flippin Kardashian boy with their rose gold Pateks and all they know about them is "it's a Patek!" My a** is a Patek! Never in my life have I been so appalled by the idea that a brand can be so incredible just by its name! You think they can get into details but truth is...its just a Patek and nothing more. No finishing to be proud of (compared to other better ones), no technical amazement (compared to Journe), no handwork that makes you feel the soul of the watchmaker who worked on it (like Kari V.)...it's just Patek...and most of their clients only care about that! It has nothing special and they charge what they want to hold that status which is a joke that most fall for. Enough on this or i can go for days... but just consider how easy it is for me to convince people that a new Pizza store is amazing because they charge $100 a whole and they say its good. Trust me, i know a whole region that can fall for that. Think of people who spend 3k on a bracelt these days...jeeeez

Blue:
Journe makes dress watches. Period.

Even if I were to let you have it on this, which I will...it still leaves a huge gap between having a manual wind, leather strap piece as a daily wear compared to a stainless steel sport watch....I see two far a gap and by no means same cateogry therefore.......i will say most would choose the Patek because it makes more sense, not as the better watch but as the more reasonable if only owning one!

Purple:
Do people still weigh how much gold's worth is in their movements and cases in order to truly determine if the price is "worth" it?? If they still do then something is clearly not right! You spend 20k on a Journe for the craftsmanship. The difference between haute horlogerie watches and your typical chinese movement is craftsmanship and that is how we justify these prices. We don't weigh the gold. Journe uses stainless steel for his two most expensive pieces and I will rip apart anyone who thinks it to be unfair!! Honestly, when you enter into this sector, the price of gold become negligent after going above 15k or so. A JLC in gold can be had for around there (retail new) so using the same gold case, we see the increase in prices when you enter into the world of Journe, AP, Patek or anyone there, is not in the case material but the movements and crafts. Now, there might be some fluctuations but then other factors come to play like the cost of labor and such.

Green:
You mention PP 324 and master watchmaker and to be quite frank...that is a huge exaggeration! That is an extremely basic caliber and any watchmaker with careful hands can service it. They don't require special lubricants or knowledge of the movement because it is that basic! My untrained eye with little watchmaking experience can point out the different gears on that. Your worry should not be in the service itself but just find someone who won't scratch it for you and most good ones won't.

The FPJ is a little more complex but even then, there will always be a master watchmaker around (i say master) who can tackle it because it remains a basic calibre with just a more poetic layout. Anywho, the man has currently 25 watchmakers on board, I'm pretty sure at least one of them will remain to service your watch and Geneva is quite a tiny place.

Violet:
NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!
See I really don't agree with this whole Journe DNA statement of yours! I get it but I absolutely don't agree with it and especially with the Bleu! Now I've done quite a bit of Journe homework and I have concluded the Bleu is as pure Journe DNA as it gets! Let me explain:

Journe's philosophy and vision is about making watches with chronometric precision. In order to do so, Journe's goal surrounds the concept of "simplification". His goal is not to shove parts everywhere and having 20 different complications here and there no no no no! It is about making the most beautiful watch, with the most accurate precision and the simplest way. As a result of the quest of simplicity and the nature of watchmaking to be complex...achieving that is a struggle. Consider the fact that he only uses one complication per watch (around) and does everything in small spaces with little parts but as a result, the watch is so difficult to come up with (maybe not for him). Further, the watches are very technical which not a lot of people will understand but they also have to look simple. Journe hates cluttered dials and he needs balance. Some will have different opinion here but He cares little of your opinion.

Now, the Bleu is PURE Journe DNA! Why?? Because at first glance it is soooo simple! Nothing besides a subsecond dial and that's it. Just simply pure. However, when you begin to dwell into it further you realize that it's faaaaar more complex than it looks. From the tantalum case to the dial to the movement itself. Now THAT IS JOURNE DNA!!! SOmething that looks simple on the outside but far more complex within!

That said, i respect Mr. Genta's work but you mention that the Nautilus stood the test of time?? From my understanding it was a huge flop when it first came out. I think you are mixing the RO in there
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
Yes it was there longer and maybe will still remain for another 100 years or so but that is not the point of a Journe. You don't really buy a Journe in the same manner in which you buy a Patek, AP or VC... A Journe is one man's idea and buying it is a pure connection. Journe guys don't care what happens to the brand in 50 years because we don't really buy an FPJ watch per se, we buy Francois-Paul Journe's work...and that is timeless and a piece of history!

"Francois-Paul Journe is rewriting history, in the present, for the future"
-AK93

P.S. Love You bro! ;)

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Grendel og Havvo
Mitt faste vannhull var også mitt første stoppested i Carnaby Street.
Dette til ære for deg @Havvo Kanskje vi får tatt en pils her i nær fremtid?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

To pils og en liten bag of crisp ble konsumert før jeg tråkket alene videre.
Fikk slått av en prat med bartenderen som kunne melde om at de var tomme for London Pride. Men at de kunne anbefale London Glory. "A celebratory ale created by the master brewers of Greene King for the nation's capital city. Centuries of expertise and craftsmanship have come together to produce this rich and fruity brew that combines crystal malt with challenger and goldings hops."
l_london_glory.jpg

• Liker
Carnaby har nesten alt de ikke har i Jermyn Street. Så her får man dekket behoved for mer straight fashion. Første stopp var Levi´s sin Tailor Shop. Her syr de om buksene. Syr på monogram, lapper, syr inn buksene, setter på nagler gud veit hva de egentlig ikke kan fikse. Så for meg som er litt kort i beina er dette himmelriket.
66x66_icons_W_1
66x66_icons_B_2
66x66_icons_W_3
66x66_icons_B_4
66x66_icons_W_5
66x66_icons_B_6
66x66_icons_W_7
66x66_icons_B_8

5.jpg

• Liker
Det ble også tid til en liten tur innom Baracuta, Shinola, Fred Perry før jeg møtte madamen på en liten pit stop ved Kingly Cort. Flaks fant jeg ikke noe som fristet på de nevnte butikkene.
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Takk for at du deler reisen deres! Tror jeg skal ta med fruen og tråkke innom mange av de samme stedene, rett og slett pga. ditt innsalg.

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Edzilla
På vei fra Carneby Street mot Covent Garden fikk vi være med på en utekonsert med Tommy and Mary ved Leicester Square Garden.
Herlig energisk tregreps-punkband

Ser at Polpo ble nevnt her. Det er ikke akkurat noen destinasjonsrestaurant. Det er et greit sted å ta med et par venner på en onsdags kveld, men ikke et sted jeg hadde planlagt å spise hos i lang tid. Det samme går for Spuntino.

Ser at Polpo ble nevnt her. Det er ikke akkurat noen destinasjonsrestaurant. Det er et greit sted å ta med et par venner på en onsdags kveld, men ikke et sted jeg hadde planlagt å spise hos i lang tid. Det samme går for Spuntino.

Polpo ble mere nevt for å stoppe innom for et par glass vin og noe småretter. Enig i at man ikke bør bli der en hel kveld. Ei heller reise på tvers av byen for ett besøk. Da setter jeg heller en knapp på Harwood Arms, og et annet sted som jeg kommer til litt senere i reisebrevet.